A Spinach and Scallion Dutch Baby is a savory variation of the classic Dutch baby pancake, incorporating fresh spinach and scallions for added flavor. Here’s a recipe to make a delicious Spinach and Scallion Dutch Baby:
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup scallions (green onions), chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- For garnish, use fresh herbs (such parsley or chives).
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Place a cast-iron skillet or oven-safe skillet in the oven while it preheats.
- In a blender or mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, flour, salt, and black pepper. Blend or whisk until the batter is smooth and well combined.
- Add the butter after carefully removing the heated pan from the oven. Stirring will help the butter melt and evenly cover the pan’s bottom and sides.
- Add the chopped spinach and scallions to the skillet, spreading them evenly.
- Pour the batter over the spinach and scallions, ensuring an even distribution.
- Optional: Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the batter.
- Place the skillet back into the preheated oven and bake for about 18-20 minutes, or until the Dutch baby has puffed up and turned golden brown.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and let the Dutch baby cool slightly.
- Use fresh herbs as a garnish, such parsley or chives.
- Slice and serve the Spinach and Scallion Dutch Baby directly from the skillet.
The Spinach and Scallion Dutch Baby is a fantastic dish for brunch or a light lunch. The combination of fluffy pancake batter with savory spinach, scallions, and optional cheese creates a delightful flavor profile.
Enjoy your delicious Spinach and Scallion Dutch Baby!
Discover More: ‘A Step-by-Step Guide to Making Carne Asada Clásica