Roasted Spiced Cranberry Pie is a delightful dessert that combines the tartness of cranberries with warm spices, all baked in a flaky pie crust. Here’s a recipe for Roasted Spiced Cranberry Pie:
For the pie crust:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup cold, cubed unsalted butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup ice water
For the filling:
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Flour, salt, and sugar should be combined in a big bowl to make the pie crust. Use a pastry cutter or your fingers to cut the cold, cubed butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- To make the dough come together, gradually add ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, while stirring with a fork. Each half of the dough should be formed into a disk. Put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes after wrapping in plastic wrap.
- In the meantime, prepare the filling. In a bowl, combine the cranberries, granulated sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, orange zest, and orange juice. Toss until the cranberries are coated in the mixture. Set aside to macerate for 15-20 minutes.
- Roll out one disk of the chilled pie crust on a floured surface and fit it into a 9-inch pie dish. Trim the edges as needed.
- Fill the pie crust with the cranberry sauce.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon for the topping. Pour in the melted butter and stir until the mixture forms crumbly clumps.
- Over the cranberry filling, evenly distribute the topping.
- Roll out the second disk of pie crust and cut it into strips or shapes to create a lattice or decorative top for the pie.
- The pie should bake for 45 to 50 minutes in a preheated oven, or until the filling bubbles and the crust is golden.
- Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool for at least 2 hours before serving to allow the filling to set.
- Slice and serve the Roasted Spiced Cranberry Pie, optionally with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Enjoy the delicious and festive Roasted Spiced Cranberry Pie!
Discover More: ‘A Step-by-Step Guide to Making Leftover Turkey Broth