Lobster Tails with Scotch Bonnet–Honey Glaze is a delightful dish that combines the succulent flavors of lobster with a spicy and sweet glaze. Here’s a recipe to make it with Scotch Bonnet–Honey Glaze:
- 4 lobster tails
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Scotch Bonnet–Honey Glaze:
- 2 Scotch bonnet peppers, seeded and finely chopped (use gloves when handling)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Use kitchen shears to cut through the top shell of each lobster tail, stopping at the tail fan. Carefully loosen the meat from the shell, leaving it attached at the tail fan.
- Olive oil should be used to brush on the lobster tails before adding salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the finely chopped Scotch bonnet peppers, honey, soy sauce, lime juice, minced garlic, grated ginger, and olive oil to make the glaze.
- Place the lobster tails on the grill, shell side down, and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Flip the lobster tails and brush the exposed meat generously with the Scotch Bonnet–Honey Glaze.
- Continue grilling for another 4-5 minutes, or until the lobster meat is opaque and firm to the touch.
- Brush the lobster tails with more glaze during the last few minutes of cooking.
- The lobster tails should be taken from the grill and given some time to rest.
- Serve the recipe with Scotch Bonnet–Honey Glaze hot, garnished with lime wedges and fresh herbs like parsley or cilantro if desired.
This dish pairs well with steamed rice, grilled vegetables, or a fresh salad. The spicy and sweet flavors of the Scotch Bonnet–Honey Glaze complement the succulent lobster meat, creating a memorable seafood experience.
Note: Adjust the amount of Scotch bonnet peppers used in the glaze according to your spice preference. Scotch bonnet peppers are known for their heat, so use caution when handling and adjust the quantity to suit your taste.
Discover More: ‘A Step-by-Step Guide to Making Italian Tuna Salad