Carne Asada Clásica, also known as classic grilled steak, is a popular Mexican dish made with marinated and grilled beef. Here’s a recipe to make Carne Asada Clásica:
- 2 pounds flank steak or skirt steak
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lime wedges and fresh cilantro for garnish
- In a bowl, combine the lime juice, orange juice, soy sauce, minced garlic, minced jalapeño, chopped cilantro, olive oil, ground cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine the marinade ingredients.
- Put the skirt or flank steak on a platter or large plastic bag. Ensure that you thoroughly cover the steak with the marinade before pouring it on. For optimal flavor, marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour or overnight.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and discard the excess marinade.
- Grill the steak for 4-6 minutes on each side, ensuring it reaches your desired level of doneness. The interior temperature should be close to 135°F (57°C) for medium-rare.
- Take the steak off the grill and let it rest to allow the fluids to redistribute. Against the grain, finely slice the meat.
- Serve the Carne Asada Clásica with lime wedges and garnish with fresh cilantro.
People typically serve Carne Asada Clásica with warm tortillas, salsa, guacamole, and other traditional accompaniments.You can enjoy it as tacos, in a burrito, or as a main dish with rice and beans.
¡Buen provecho! (Enjoy your meal!)
Discover More: ‘A Step-by-Step Guide to Making Blueberry Pomegranate Colada Agua Fresca